Department of Press
A distinguished scientific department in providing media institutions with professional and objective journalistic competencies at all levels.
Carrying message of science and advertising in media field, emphasizing quality, and distinguished efficiency by giving in the fields of professional journalism, enriching innovative scientific research with graduate studies programs and contributing to serving the highest standards of quality, and developing knowledge, innovation and entrepreneurship in the field of traditional and electronic journalism.
1) Achieving quality and excellence in performance, to enable graduate to practice work in his field with high professionalism.
2) To support requirements of labor market and push it to collective work that plays the role assigned to them in the local work, and to spread the culture of development, which started the work in advancement and awareness; related to Muslim values .
3) Ensuring educational academic freedom, meeting the values, ethics and traditions of Islamic community, contributing to the development of scientific research related to the priorities of society, and developing projects for the bachelor’s researches and master’s theses.
4) Achieving communication between the department, community and press examples by holding seminars, lectures, and discussion panels on media issues.
5) Opening constructive and effective channels of communication with corresponding institutions of higher education, internally and externally, with an interface and keeping pace with the development in communication technology revolution and new media fields.
Spreading comprehensive quality and commitment to high-level professionalism, ethics and credibility in journalistic practice (professionalism)), which is based on creativity and innovation, belief in freedom of opinion and independent critical thinking as a basis for creativity, respect for difference, pluralism and other opinion, and openness to respect for other cultures.
General Strategic Goal:
By 2025, the journalism department will consolidate its distinction to be among the best journalism departments in the region; By promoting values, quality, sustainability, technology and knowledge creativity in traditional journalism field and the professional transition to electronic journalism.
-Providing private and governmental press institutions with qualified editors, correspondents and journalist writers.
-Preparing workers in media and public relations offices in ministries and in affiliated departments, with experience in managing media departments and monitoring and following up on news.
-Providing research institutions for humanitarian and media research with competencies and expertise related to public studies and public opinion polls.
-Providing press institutions with expertise capable of carrying out investigative investigations with high quality staff.